dinsdag, juli 25, 2006

Friday night's fun.

Like any good self respecting dansclub my student organisation had a whole bunch of coloured lights available. Usually they're being operated by a light-mixing-whizkid from out lights committee. They stand on high ground, near the DJ's, overseeing the whole floor.

This time I was actually working coordinating the evening. I watch all potentially annoying people for problems and make sure all our other members have enough fluids. Very responsable job. But, since the DJ's are located at such a nice spot to watch everyone on the floor, I stood around and let the light whizkid of the evening explain what all the switches and buttons were for. And than, cos I was there anyway, pushed some. And maybe, cos it was quiet on the floor anyway, pushed some more.

This proved rather fun. Pushing the buttons made more light in all sorts of nice different colours. Pulling some switches made light fade, or come back and all that can be done on the beat, inbetween beats, or in other nice fashions.
After an hour my also coordinating boyfriend came asking if I was planning to do some actual coordinating. After two o'clock, when I was finished working, the should-be light coordianting whiz kid came pushing me from his buttons cos he wanted to switch some as well. After four o'clock I wrote myself down on the evaluation form in the field for "light technicians".

I'm in love.
There's apparently nothing more fun than making lights go on and off on various beats.
To bad the audience didn't seem to notice any of it though...