maandag, juli 05, 2004

Lost and found.

My cat was missing. Again. When I just moved here she dissapeared and I found her again on the 14th floor. But now she seemed to have vanished without a trace. There was no door open, no window too. I could not explain it and it even took me some time to realize she was gone. Friday my daughter Lyka and I went to the Efteling with friend P. and saturday I was busy with, well, Lyka so I didn't miss her that much.

Saturday eveniging I noticed something was wrong though. With Lyka gone there should have been two cats fighting for attention on my lap, Myrana and Suzy. But all there was was Suus, no Myrana. She must be in the kitchen, I thought. Maybe slipped onto the balkony through my bedroom window, nothing to worry about.

Sunday afternoon. No Myrana. I rumble with food and call her name. Nothing. I search the flat, from the 14th floor downwards, but no cat. I did see a dead pigeon though. I got scared. A month or three ago Myrana's brother Draco died. Just out of the blue, only three and a half years old. I wasn't ready to lose them both, they were with me since they were very little. I hung up posters, called the lokal vet's, nothing came up. Ok, she wasn't dead, but that was about all the good there was.

About an hour ago one of the regular cleaners of the flat rings the bell. There's a small cat at 14th. I hurry upstairs and there is, in the middle of pigeon feathers, my Myrana.

The pigeon was totally gone, but I got Myrana back!