zaterdag, augustus 07, 2004

The game.

I stopped playing pool 'cos nice ex who abused me was the one who brought the game to my attention. I didn't want anything to do with the game. Stopped doing competition, quit the team. My cue lay dusted in some closet.

Then came the tournament, here in town. A big national thing. And I decided to go and see. Watching on tv would be painfull, that was another thing ex and I used to do together, but going would be ok. In the newly opened pool supply shop I met a friend, who showed me her new cue and asked if I didn't want to compete in the tournament. Me? Play? No... A world of no. I could, I musn't. I had no team to be in to begint with.

The next day I meet my friend again. I have suddenly decided that I'll do it. I'll play. We go and retrieve my cue from under boxes and undust it. And, we plot the murder on my ex. Because, of course, the reason that I wasn't able to play for so long should be eliminated. So, not in any need to keep our voices down, we walk inside the club where the poolregistration is kept. And there he is. Ex.

Completely ignoring the restrictions of being in the same city as I am placed upon him by law, he's sitting there. Probabaly wanting to see the game himslef. Raging 'cos we want to kill him, maybe also 'cos I allready made it inpossible for him to compete by telling everyone how he abused me, he goes after us. We escape through the back door, over the fence, and head for the curch in which the tournament is held. And I feel wonderfull. I feel extatic. Even thought the best of Hollands players are there, I know I'm gonna WIN.

...

Alarm clock.

Is this my mind's way of telling me I should play pool again?